Happy Gandhi Jayanti Quotes in English with Images 2017
1. Peace is the most powerful weapon of mankind.
2. Joy is in the struggle, in the attempt, in the suffering involved and not in the victory itself.
3. Strength does not come from physical ability. It comes from an indomitable will.
4. An eye for an eye, and the world will go blind.
5. In the great battles of life, the first step to victory is the desire to win.
6. Fear has some use but cowardice not.
7. Love is the subtlest force in the world.
8. The future will depend on what we do in the present.
9. I may be a despicable person, but when the truth speaks in me, I am invincible.
10. There is enough wealth in the world for the needs of man, but not for his ambition.
gandhi jayanti wishes
11. Life deserves more than just increasing its speed.
12. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
13. The rich must live more simply so that the poor may simply live.
14. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
15. Be the change that you want to see in the world.
16. The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear.
17. In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
18. Even if you are a minority of one, a truth is a truth.
19. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
20. In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place.
importance of gandhi jayanti
21. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
22. Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
23. Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
24. There is more to life than increasing its speed.
25. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained.
26. When you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.
27. Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.
28. Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up.
29. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
30. Anger and intolerance are the twin enemies of correct understanding.
gandhi jayanti essay, how is gandhi jayanti celebrated
31. If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
32. A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
33. Action is no less necessary than thought to the instinctive tendencies of the human frame.
34. Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
35. Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.
36. Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
37. The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problem.
38. Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart.
39. In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
40. Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment.
gandhi’s birthday, gandhi jayanti speech
41. The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
42. Suffering cheerfully endured, ceases to be suffering and is transmuted into an ineffable joy.
43. There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need but not for man’s greed.
44. Violent means will give violent freedom. That would be a menace to the world and to India herself.
45. For me every ruler is alien that defies public opinion.
46. It is my own firm belief that the strength of the soul grows in proportion as you subdue the flesh.
47. Better far than cowardice is killing and being killed in battle.
48. Everyone who wills can hear the inner voice. It is within everyone.
49. I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.
50. Nearly everything you do is of no importance, but it is important that you do it.
gandhi jayanti images
51. The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of conscience.
52. To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.
53. There is no principle worth the name if it is not wholly good.
54. You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
55. We win justice quickest by rendering justice to the other party.
56. It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
57. Purity of personal life is the one indispensable condition for building up a sound education.
58. Those who know how to think need no teachers.
59. Gentleness, self-sacrifice and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.
60. Non-violence, which is the quality of the heart, cannot come by an appeal to the brain.
how many years of gandhi jayanti
61. Non-violence and truth are inseparable and presuppose one another.
62. Each one prays to god according to his own light.
63. Every formula of every religion has in this age of reason, to submit to the acid test of reason and universal assent.
64. Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
65. I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world.
66. One’s own religion is after all a matter between oneself and one’s maker and no one else’s.
67. Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul.
68. The essence of all religions is one. Only their approaches are different.
69. That service is the noblest which is rendered for its own sake.
70. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
October 2 Gandhi Jayanti Quotes
71. The pursuit of truth does not permit violence on one’s opponent.
72. Truth never damages a cause that is just.
73. Violent men have not been known in history to die to a man. They die up to a point.
74. All act and react upon one another.
75. When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
76. Self-respect knows no considerations.
77. A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion.
78. Adaptability is not imitation. It means power of resistance and assimilation.
79. He who trifles with truth cuts at the root of Ahimsa. He who is angry is guilty of Himsa.
80. Though we may know Him by a thousand names, He is one and the same to us all.
Gandhi Jayanti Quotes for Kids
81. The spirit of democracy is not a mechanical thing to be adjusted by abolition of forms. It requires change of heart.
82. Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.
83. Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.
84. Commonsense is the realised sense of proportion.
85. Breach of promise is a base surrender of truth.
86. We may have our private opinions but why should they be a bar to the meeting of hearts?
87. When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible.
88. I have worshipped woman as the living embodiment of the spirit of service and sacrifice.
89. Evil is, good or truth misplaced.
90. The real ornament of woman is her character, her purity.
Gandhi Jayanti Photos with Quotes
91. God, as truth, has been for me a treasure beyond price. May he be so to every one of us.
92. A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
93. A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.
94. If we are to reach real peace in this world, we shall have to begin with the children.
95. A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
96. Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.
97. See the good in people and help them.
98. The future depends on what you do today.
99. I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
100. A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
Happy Gandhi Jayanti Quotes in English with Images 2017
Related Tags: Happy Gandhi Jayanti Quotes in English with Images 2017, Gandhi Jayanti Photos with Quotes, Gandhi Jayanti Quotes for Kids, October 2 Gandhi Jayanti Quotes.